Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
After a long day at the office, Chris came home one day and found his dog with the neighbor’s pet rabbit in his mouth. The rabbit was obviously dead. Chris panicked!
“If my neighbors find out my dog killed their bunny, they’ll hate me forever,” he thought.
So he took the dirty, chewed up rabbit into the house, gave it a bath and blow-dried its fur.
Chris knew his neighbors kept their backdoor open during the summer, so he sneaked inside and put the bunny back into the cage, hoping his neighbors would think it died of natural causes.
A couple of days later Chris and his neighbor saw each other outside.
“Did you hear that Fluffy die?” the neighbor asked.
“Oh. Uhmm... Sorry to hear that. What happened?” Chris mumbled.
The neighbor replied, “We just found him dead in his cage one day. But the strange thing is that the day after we buried him, we went out to dinner and someone must have dug him up, gave him a bath and put him back into the cage!”
1. What does the story tell us?
2. What was his dog doing when Chris found it?
3. What did Chris think of his neighbor’s rabbit?
4. How did Chris cover up the death of the rabbit?
5. How did Chris get into his neighbor’s house?
1. A rabbit and a dog
2. The dog was carrying a dead rabbit in its mouth.
3. It was killed by his dog.
4. By cleaning it and then putting it in his neighbor’s house.
5. Breaking the side window of the house.